(1) Establishing basic data and database applications for wildlife diversity of Taiwan.
(2) Establishing biological and ecological basic data for endangered and rare species.
(3) Strengthening native flora and fauna conservation and sustainable utilization, and investigating and evaluating biodiversity hotspots.
(4) Creating models for investigation, improvement and restoration of special habitats or ecosystems.
(5) Collecting and researching ecological engineering information, and establishing a related database.
(6) Collecting and preserving wildlife genetic resources.
(7) Extending the rescue and treatment of sick and injured wild animals.
(8) Establishing monitoring models and management strategies for Taiwan’s low-, medium-, and high-altitude ecosystems.
(9) Investigating and monitoring exotic invasive species, and researching related prevention techniques.
(10)Conduting biodiversity conservation and community_based ecology personnel training